Applications for the Parsons Pop Up events are collected through an online form that allows you to apply with images and information about eligible work.
On the online application form, applicants are asked to provide the following:
- Step 1. Contact information such as: name, New School N# and email address, phone and school affiliation.
- Step 2. Email a submission file that includes up to ten pages; one project per page, each project should include image(s) and required information. See sample submission file
PROJECT SUBMISSION FILE INSTRUCTIONS
The project sample is a critical element of your application. Prepare a well-organized work sample that represents your art and/or design project.
Applications will be collected using an online form. and project samples will be submitted via email.
You must prepare your files and file names or links before you submit them online.
Send your submission file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the subject line: “Pop Up Print Shop Submission”
Send your email from your @newschool.edu account, attach a PDF document following the filename convention and specifications outlined below.
Submission File (for every applicant)
You must email an Adobe Acrobat PDF file that includes images and information about your submission.Your submission may include up to ten items (one item per page). Including image(s) of your submission(s) and the following information for each item you are submitting.
Information Required for each item included in your submission file.
- New School Email: EXAMPLE email@example.com
- Title: EXAMPLE General Ideas
- Media: EXAMPLE Silkscreen on paper in linen and archival box
- Dimensions (H x W x D): EXAMPLE 12 x 9 x 2 Inches
- Pages: EXAMPLE 18
- Date: EXAMPLE 2010
- Edition: EXAMPLE 31
- Price: EXAMPLE $10
- Optional Description: EXAMPLE In 300 characters or less, describe the project you are submitting for consideration. Your description could include the project format, i.e. limited edition print, poster, card, zine, book, etc.
See sample submission: www.tinyurl.com/popupsample
- Filename Convention: lastname_firstname_NewSchoolN# (example Parsons_Frank_N01234567.pdf)
- File Format: PDF
- File Size Restrictions: 10 MB
- Format of the submission:
- Pages: 10 (you may include a maximum of 10 works in your file, one work per page.)
- Size: 8.5 x 11 inch
Applications for the Pop Up Print Shop & Show must be submitted by October 25, 2015, at 11:59 pm.
The competition is open to all faculty, staff and students enrolled in any program at Parsons. Individuals as well as collaborative groups of students are eligible to apply.
Eligible collaborative applicants should submit one application and a joint project description and assets that demonstrate the collaborative project of the team.
Parsons Pop Up Print Shop & Show media is open to any form of print making from fine art prints, artist books, three-dimensional prints, printed textiles, etc.
REVIEW PROCESS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The open call for the Parsons Pop Up Shows may receive more than 1,000 applications. The final selection will be determined by a jury comprised of students participating in the Pop Up course, taught by Andrew Robinson, Assistant Professor of Design Strategies
The juries will review and rank all applicants according to the following criteria:
- Merit of work, based on submitted project sample.
Participants whose work is accepted for the exhibition are expected to make a serious commitment to meet with curators and advising faculty in the process of reviewing, collecting, and retrieving work for the exhibition. Projects must be delivered for the exhibition between Nov 4 and 5, and must be collected after the conclusion of the event.
Participants are also expected to be available for the public event during the Pop Up showcase of their project.
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.